Wednesday, May 21, 2008
One of my favorite subjects to talk about
I love to cook. I do things a little differently though. I am always experimenting on my poor family, actually they think they are lucky. I love to tweek recipes or ideas of recipes or combinations of recipes, you get the idea. I also like to see if I can get away with healthier versions of my favorites without anyone knowing. I'm kinda the sneaky cook without doing the puree thing. I also know the trick that works well. The rule of eleven! I don't ever make my kids eat anything, however they are required to try everything at the table. One tiny bite is usually not to intimidating, and I'm not the kind of girl to serve brussel sprouts or chopped liver or anything I hated as a girl. (no offense if that's a personal fav of yours) It goes like this after 11 tastes your child's taste buds ajust to the new flavor and a lot of the time they will eat it , at least its worked well for me on many things. So I thought it would be fun to share a few of the things I do to avoid dieting yet still be healthy. I don't bake for the most part anymore, it was just something I have decided to give up for now. However,I do bake birthday cakes and brownies. Why? I don't like brownies and my family loves them, so brownie points for me. And I love to make homemade frosting and I have the sweetest little heart cake pans that layer in a cute stack. Its just too fun for birthdays, Valentines day, Activity day parties, Anniversaries, just so much. But aside from those things I just buy one of whatever I am craving and just try to eat half, I did say try. I think that is a big part of the whole eat healthy be healthy thing for me. Also, whenever I eat a bread product I go whole grain with as much fiber as possible. If you know me well at all you might even say I'm a fiber freak. Is that too much information?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment