At last!!!!!! We are under the same roof. I am not tugged or pulled in multiple directions.
I find peace and comfort in knowing that my children are sleeping soundly in their own beds and my husband is resting comfortably in our borrowed reclining chair, with no tubes or wires attached to every part of him (other than the new ones keeping him alive, neatly tucked away in his chest.)
We must let you in on the latest news from Randy's cardiologist, We are now going to play the waiting game. We wait for Randy's heart to heal. And while we are waiting we are going to take a trip down to the heart transplant center in Tucson and take all the tests we can to qualify for a sparking new, or rather a precious hand me down heart. We are hoping, with very good cause to have this last surgery be our final answer, but we are going to get on the transplant list anyway. Its better to be on the list and not need it, than need one and not be on the list. We are hoping to be able to turn down a heart, and let someone else use it. But we will play it safe.
I am thinking of becoming a pharmacist, because I now have quite the inventory. I need a pill box the size of a briefcase to keep this boys medications straight. Wow.
Insert Staying alive song and cool 70's dance moves. Cuz it's taken a lot to keep this boy a live.(go ahead a click it, its just to the right!) And if you watch "The Office", like we do, you know it can also be used as a handy CPR reference tool. We loved the last one referencing the organ donor cards. Speaking of which, I am going to become an organ donor, I don't know why I haven't signed up yet.
We came home today to a sparkling clean, freshly scrubbed home, I was so impressed. And we were robbed, they actually stole my dirty laundry. I tried to hide it, when I found out some sisters were coming to clean my house, but they hunted it down. Laundry is my least favorite of the household responsibilities, and my poor dryer decided that this would be a good week to die, (better my dryer than my husband!) It will be taken care of now that we are not quite so busy. please don't worry. Thank you! I love my clean laundry! What a fun surprise!
So I must go get some sleep myself now, I lost my car in the parking lot today, after getting medications. I must not let myself get to fuzzy! Sleep is my friend.
Another thank you! and our love and thanks go out. We know that God lives and loves us and we are his children. There is a plan to this life and we can make a difference to others. I know this to be true, because you have made a difference to our family. We will be always grateful! We Love you!
The together at last Shepherd Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Congratulations are in order. We are so glad to hear he is on the mend. We are keeping you in our prayers and fasting with the rest of the PP ward if needed. I also love that you are now a donor. That has been a major crusade of mine since I was 16 yrs old and got my license. Tell everyone you know! BECOME A DONOR!!!!!!
My heart goes out to your and your family during this difficult time. I wish I could be there to help with your dirty laundry! Your family is in our prayers. Best wishes.
Post a Comment