I am the happiest person on the planet. M I R A C L E is the word of the day. Randy's surgeon used this word multiple times to describe Randy's surgery.
He came out and said,"I did not think that I could even preform this surgery after I saw his heart ( from the angiogram) I was going to have to swim the ocean and climb the mountains to get the wires in the right places on the heart. So I started and God's hand stepped in and we just sailed through so easily. I can't even believe it myself, it was a miracle." He went on to say that he has done this surgery thousands of time, and people came from all over the world to have this procedure done and this was one of the most challenging cases he had ever seen. Bishop Holt was talking to me in the hall when Dr. Chan, the amazing, came to talk to us, Bishop asked him how the procedure went on a scale of 1 to 10?
Dr. Chan, " a 10.5, it was a miracle."
I was impressed that such a skilled and talented man would recognize so plainly the hand of the Lord. I have prayed and begged and fasted and pleaded that this would be the will of the Lord and I am so overcome with joy and I look forward to and anticipate the challenges we have ahead of rehabilitating this great loved man of mine, and even having the chance to workout daily problems and struggles together, hand in hand, with the Lord, as a loving union can and does.
He is already breathing easier, this is great, we didn't even hope for that this soon.
I am so grateful for the love and support and help and meals and love and friendships, and the closeness I feel with each of you. I have witnessed a miracle this day and I am a believer.
This morning I woke up with hope and joy as my companions, and I was pleasantly surprised by that. I was strong and able up until the doors of the surgery room closed and my dear husband was out of sight. I came into the waiting room and wrapped my arms around Sis. Gibson who had come to be my "mom" for the day, I didn't think I needed someone there for me until that moment and we had a very releasing (sob) cry. Thank you.
Shellie Morris came too and thankfully we talked the time away. I am forever grateful that they knew I needed someone, even when I didn't.
February 9, 2009 A day of miracles, thank you for taking part in the journey with us. We love you and know that the combined faith of all was enough to have this prayer answered for us. We know that the Lord loves us and hears our prayers, that he comforts those who stand in need of comforting, and the sacred gift of the atonement makes all of these things possible. Randy is looking pretty dang good, and he ate a slice of awesome pizza and a whole hamburger! Wow! We are happy with even the simplest of things.
Love, the Randy and Tiffany Shepherd family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that everything went so good. I'm also glad that my mom could be there for you! Such good news!
yeah, I appreciate you sharing her with me!
Post a Comment