Friday, February 13, 2009

The Best Valentine Ever!

Happy Valentine's Day! Our first full day back was wonderful. I have had quite the emotions flowing though me in this whirlwind of a week.
These last few days remind me of the feelings I had when we were first married, at least the parts where I spent time reflecting on the possibilities ahead of us. I can now with more surety see us together here on earth for a few more decades at least. I have hope that it can happen and pray that it will. This experience has forged our love and sealed our commitment to each other in a way I can scarcely comprehend. Reflecting more on the feeling of this experience has also reminded me of how I felt with each beautiful child I have had the privilege of bringing to this earth. I want nothing more than to take care of this beautiful man of mine. I woke up every hour the first few nights, checking on Randy, listening to his breathing, and putting my head gently on his chest listening to the sounds of his heart beating . . . tick tick, tick tick, tick tick, tick tick . . . to a steady rhythm that is my most favorite sound now.

I don't think he ever knew that for most of our marriage I would wait for him to fall asleep, then listen to his heart beating with crazy rhythms, and I would pray over his heart. I remember a few times when his rhythm would fall in sync with mine and that was fun. It reminds me of grandfather clocks, and how a whole store can find it's way to tick in rhythm. I also like to check his blood pressure often. The pharmacist freaked me out with warnings and cautions. I am ever watchful for a sweating forehead, low blood pressure, and I'm just waiting for him to drop to the floor when he stands up. I wish I could relax about this a little more.
But like my sister told me earlier, all my obsessiveness has resulted in great blessings to our family so far . . . my degree, getting out of debt (pretty close anyway), and eating healthfully. Go Oatmeal!
Did I mention that Randy's artery's are as clear as a bell? A great help in the surgery he had on Monday. Is it prideful to want to take credit for his clean arteries? I remember him saying as we left a doctor's appointment, "Now I have to eat like you." I just smiled.

Randy's reserves are way up. This is a good sign and it makes me almost giddy. If you saw him you'd think he looked very improved. I do. His blood pressure is up to 105/66 a definite improvement. His color looks better than it has in months, no more grinchy green! We see a whole lot of doctors soon, and I am just hoping for great news.
He is telling me that he is going to church on Sunday, and I shouldn't be surprised. The man is S T U B B O R N. Yes, Shepherd Stubborn even. There, I said it.

Our love and thanks to all,
Randy and Tiffany, Still in Love

1 comment:

Turleygirl said...

Yes, that truly is the best Valentine ever. So glad everything has worked out so well. Not that it's over but your family has been so blessed.