Thursday, September 11, 2008
The Salt River is NOT Kayaking 101!
I just couldn't keep you guessing too long about how the kayaking went. You know I am still alive because I have posted since. The real worry ended up being about Randy. We went down the first rapids and I crashed into trees and bushed and rocks, but just kept paddling, (did I mention that I am very sore?) Mark (the pro) yelled out to me what to do, which is always paddle faster then the currents. I don't know if that is physically possible though. It was heart pounding and very satisfying to know I did not tip. The most worried I was on the trip was when we all made it around the bend of the rapids and Randy didn't come out. I've seen movies like that, where the husband doesn't make it. We waited for a while, which involves back paddling, a new place to be sore from. Finally Mark went to go see what was going on, when the sunscreen that was in Randy's kayak came floating past Sharee and I. That did not make me feel any better. After another 15mins they both came around the bend and were laughing. So things worked out and I was not the one that tipped, added bonus! It really was a great time and we left so early that we never did see a trashy tuber. I would absolutely go again. Sorry no pictures, river and camera incompatible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a fun thing to do and not to mention an amazing workout! I didn't know the Salt River had crazy rapids, I always just see the trashy tuber meandering down the river.
There is one bend that gives my thrill seeker friends and husband a rush and a few more that make my heart pound, the rest is just a little tricky with the cross currents that are everywhere, even though it looks calm. This was such a fun memorable day.
Post a Comment