I went riding with my hardcore mountain biking husband on Saturday. We got started on a trail up on power road. He knows the name of it. I will admit that I am a chicken, this isn't anything new and you'd think my sweet husband would remember. So as I am stopped looking over the first downhill wondering which rocky portion of the hill would be my undoing, my amazingly brave husband is two or three hills ahead of me. I finally decide what to do and walked that hill and then started riding. I did surprise myself that I didn't fall over every little bump on the trail. Wow, this is kinda fun. Then the next downhill, smaller but full of more cracks and erosion areas. This is not as fun. Randy comes to coach me through it will words like, "this is nothing, this is just the trail to the trail. Your bike was made for this and this is nothing." I know he meant to inspire me, but . . .
so the good news is that I usually talk myself out of being a chicken and I did. I rode through all of the hills I was so afraid of and did improve enough for Randy to say that he wants to take me out again soon.
My next adventure in being brave comes this Saturday when we go kayaking down the Salt River with some friends. I hope I don't tip. At least the rapids arn't rapids and the water is only knee deep. Definitely kayaking 101 material. Also, this is taking place so early in the morning that we will miss the PG-13 tubers. I am kinda excited. I'll tell you all about it.
Note: I am getting camera batteries today so I can finally download all my pictures and take more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment