Saturday, June 6, 2009

Trip to Tucson for Heart Transplant Evaluation

I've been thinking for a while that it is time to write to everyone to let you know what is going on. We had our first meeting with the transplant team and they reviewed Randy's charts and did a few minimal tests. They were quick to come to the decision that he should be evaluated for transplant. Randy was so worried about that visit the night before, it surprised me because this wasn't a life threatening situation, he wasn't about to go into surgery and he's been somewhat stable even if his energy is still low.
We got a call a few days ago and we are finally taking that trip to Tucson for all the tests that evaluated him for transplant. We left Monday Morning and will be gone till Thursday night. I have been checking in with face book since my phone allows me access to it from everywhere. Randy had quite the day yesterday and had 14 large vials of blood taken for the tests that check for "everything, the doctor at the lab stated, If they can't find it, he doesn't have it. Wow.
He had a psychological profile done and I visited with the psychologist too. They recorded our visits and a report of everything that happened in these 4 days is summarized and a counsel decides if he should go on the list and where on the list he should go.
Today is the day of many body scans, heart scans and long meetings with social workers, Why social workers? I guess I'll find out today. This is getting to be a bigger deal the more I am learning about it. Can we have our old life back? Maybe just pretend this isn't really happening? Is there a beach nearby, I think I'm ready to feel some sand between my toes.
We are staying in the neatest place. Its like a home away from home. Its a hospitality inn, and we just love it. Its in a residential area and we cook our own meals in a great kitchen and it feels like visiting a friend.
We are hoping for your prayers again at this time, and thank you for them. We know that as you have prayed for us mountains have moved.
We will know as early as next Friday if he will be placed on the list. We are hoping that he will as he has stopped getting better, and has had quite a few setbacks.
We love you and are thankful for you. Especially Penny and Mike Law watching our three beautiful children during this trip. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!
Tiffany and Randy

No comments: