Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy and Well

I hope this finds you happy and well!
Our family is happy and enjoying having good, quiet, normal, family time. We are relieved that so much drama has passed. We had two doctors appointments and each appointment had more hope and encouragement. Randy can now start "working out" or walking a few houses down the street. He does more each day and loves that he feel tired but not exausted. I can't believe how things fell into place for him to be able to baptize Kelsey. He has had severe arm restrictions on his left arm ( so the wire leads don't come out of his heart!) and just got a few of the restrictions lifted a few days before the baptism. What a special day this was for our family.

We shared Kelsey's baptism day with three other cute kids in our ward and things went so smoothly. I love baptisms and especially love watching my own children be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. I also loved watching Nathan watch Kelsey get baptized and now he talks about getting b-tized like Kelsey. It is so cute.

I have shared many beautiful moments with you that I have counseled with Randy in sharing, and am glad to get the feedback that you care. We know the hand of the Lord has been guiding these experiences we have been having. We continue to know that the Lord is guiding us carefully still as we prepare to get Randy on the Heart transplant list and all the tests and procedures that that entails.

I am surprised by how much stronger Randy is getting. At our last Dr's appointment the doctor felt that based on Randy's age, and the factors involved in his condition, that possibly, this last surgery with the pacemaker/defibrilator will heal his heart. We will know in 6 months if it is working, but we can tell a difference in how much energy he has. The devise is forcing his heart to work together and beat consistently and more effiently. This should shrink his heart and continue to improve his condition. The heart transplant is now refered to as a safety net, not the main hope that it was once. A lot can change in a month.

I hope that the closeness we feel as a couple continues to grow, and the closeness we feel for the Lord also increases. There is a country song I heard a few weeks back on the radio( while driving to the hospital) that mentions " I hope you get the chance to live like you were dying. . ."
Or someone you love for that matter, what a lesson on life and loving and treating people with kindness and not taking people for granted. I would never wish anyone to experience this, yet with our miraculous outcome it's a bit easier to seperate the stress from the blessings and the hard times sweeten and the pain (Randy tells me) is worth it. And I know I learned things that may never be learned in any other way.
Things like, I sincerely cannot wait to shoot my bow with Randy on an archery course.
Like I said things change in a month.
I still believe in miracles, I live with one.
Tiffany and Family

1 comment:

Paisley said...

I am so glad to hear the updates. We try to stay in the loop but it's always good to read your postings. You are always so positive, I just love it. We keep Randy and your family in our prayers.
By the way, I am a HUGE country music fan, the song is "Live like you were dying" by Tim McGraw. Great song!!!!