Saturday, June 6, 2009

Leaving Tucson

As I drove the lonely road back from Tucson by myself I wondered if I had made the right decision to leave Randy at the University Medical Center and come back home and work and take care of my children. I pondered all that had taken place in the last four days, was it only four days? My eyes have been opened to the world of heart transplant and everything I saw was fearsome. Who would ever agree to go through that? I am not that brave. I am not that optimistic, even if I am a happy person. I am way to whinny to go through that. I do have challenges on my side, but I have been prepared after all and I will take my challenges. I can be a support and comfort, a provider and caretaker. I will be thankful for my part of the challenges and even more thankful for support and help to be made strong.
Randy has to be made from the strongest stuff on earth, he is such a kind hearted funny loving example to me of grace under incredible pressure. I adore him.
WE were supposed to be done with testing today and able to BOTH come home, but there were some minor (I hope) glitches and Randy had to be admitted and monitored for two days because his blood didn't get thin enough after one of his most invasive procedure. It was a surgery if you ask me, they put him under and sliced him up and feed tubes from his legs up to his heart and blew up little balloons and poked around and measured things. It was surgery.

They also found something on his kidney, I got to see it on an ultrasound. They don't think it is anything but they sure made some people move fast to get more tests on that little pea sized thing. If they end up doing a biopsy,I want to go back down there.

So he will be okay, he is officially to be called pin cushion, and yes I hated leaving him there. Its not quite home without him. But he does hunt and camp out, so for the next few days I will just pretend that he is out with his brothers on a hunt.

Please keep Randy in your prayers. Thank you!
Love,
Tiffany

No comments: